JW884 Video Thread

JW884

Little update on the latest videos. Posted the full JDay motos up and both days of racing Arenacross in Albany. Fun Fact: I was one 27sec lap away from winning an AMA race on an Alta, as far as I know, I would have been the first to do it on a full sized electric bike. They let me race in 450B and Open B/C which was so cool! I'm currently in 3rd in both classes for the AMA Amateur Arenacross East series (and only 1 rider ahead of me I know of is following the series). I would reeeeeeally love to race the rest of the East series, and guarantee I could win at least 1 or 2 championships (believe would be another first for a full-sized electric bike). A huge goal of mine is to get an AMA #1 plate of some kind and AX is my best chance and type of racing. But all the other rounds are too far away to feasibly drive to distance & job wise :( (although probably have enough PTO). Some are up to 24hrs away, with one being back to back weekends. Might try to talk my girlfriend into the 8hr & 12hr trips to the VA & KY rounds but we'll have to see.
End of my little rant lol

2023 AMA Amateur Arenacross Schedule.png

JW884

Well I said I wanted to race more AX and here it is! "Raced" in VA over the weekend, but such a low turnout. Got some AMA wins on a full-sized electric bike finally! Heading to Kentucky next weekend for the National championship round and hopefully I can at least wrap up an East coast title or two!

JW884

Thank you @#76 ! I completely forgot to update this thread. I even have the Kentucky AX Vlogs to add in and have 2 more in the works. Just got new graphics for both the bikes too! Can't wait to show them

Reactions: #76

kenweld

Hey JW884
Congrats on the win, your riding well mate! Are you still running the stock WP 4cs suspension and do you find it too soft for those supercross style jumps?

JW884

Hey JW884
Congrats on the win, your riding well mate! Are you still running the stock WP 4cs suspension and do you find it too soft for those supercross style jumps?
Thank you! I'm running WP AER48 with a spring conversion. Sadly, the tech put a "stiffer for a gas bike" spring in which I believe is 1.00kg but the math from another thread suggests needing a 1.10kg so I'm going to swap that and the shock soon. Both my current setup and the stock 4cs are far too soft for even regular motocross, nevermind SX/ax style tracks. I was bottoming just about everywhere on these tracks lol. Had to deal with what I had but looking forward to getting this bike set correctly so I can stop worrying while jumping it

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly, the tech put a "stiffer for a gas bike" spring in which I believe is 1.00kg
WHOOAAAA!!! I hope you are wrong about your current spring rate because that would be softer than the MX stock spring rate. The stock MX front springs are 0.52 kg/mm, so the two are 1.04 kg/mm.

but the math from another thread suggests needing a 1.10kg
Yep.

Huge kudos to you for racing an MX with a sub-optimal suspension and still winning races and championships!

JW884

Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted on here. Pretty busy between the racing and other life stuff. During that time, I won the 2023 NEMX (New England Motocross) Open B Spring Series Championship! The motos were about 50/50 between my KTM 350 and my Alta MX, so first (at least partially) electric mx championship in New England!
Not sure if anyone is still interested with all the Stark content lately, but here's some more Alta stuff from the past few months. I have at least 6 or 7 videos since my last post that have at least one Alta moto in it, but here's the best ones since then.

JW884

Me and my Alta are back racing in 2024! This time I got to race against supercross pros at Motorama! Great event for anyone around the PA area to visit.
Broke the map switch so I was stuck in map 4 on the second day lol. Not ideal for super slick hard-packed. Still a great time!