New bike day!!! First customer delivery worldwide!

Mikec265

How about a little plagiarism.
Words cant describe how jealous i am right now. My bike is not in my garage!!!!!!

I tried all day to put a deposit down, but couldn't until about 8pm on the first day. I'm scheduled to receive mine in September. On the bright side we all have a pretty good 1st customer to work out any issues, and keep us informed!

Congratulations on the bike!

JW884

Love watching the fully experience unfold Brian! Giving everyone a really good idea of what to expect for when they get their bikes. The presentation of the bike and everything included is really well done by Stark as well

Number Six

So it shall be written .. thanks Bryan.
It's understood that Stark had / has a design target of a pro level full moto 30 +2 which uses a LOT of energy.
Most amateur MX races are far shorter & the power requirements lower for that level of rider, single track riding uses even less energy unless you're a very high level rider.
Sure would like to see Stark offer a lighter battery pack as an option for those of us who'd be willing to sacrifice some range for a meaningful weight reduction.
Muster the calculators !

F451

Sure would like to see Stark offer a lighter battery pack as an option for those of us who'd be willing to sacrifice some range for a meaningful weight reduction.
Muster the calculators !

Seriously! Lol.

I may have to weight for Varg 2.0 with a quick change, lighter, battery pack. Fiddling around with the sub 200 lb Sur Ron Ultra Bee that I just got has me really wanting a next gen, but lighter, Alta.

And thanks for all the great info Bryan, the Varg looks killer, can't wait to see how you like it on your local track, we all know its going to be amazing.

Mark911

Bryan,
I have that exact same scale and it's always a pain as it sometimes "locks on" to a number before the weights actually stable. I try to quickly lift the front wheel on (while someone steadies the bike) and watch the readout to see if it swings before locking on. If so, try again. Then do the same to the rear. Add the scores. Plus, you get a weight bias % as well. You can always weigh yourself on several scales and get a good average to test THAT scale for accuracy. Unless the numbers are all over the place, it should be good enough to a pound or so.

And I've always told folks the Alta's were around 270 with spring forks. The MXR has the air forks, so the three-pound difference is in the ballpark. The stark is lighter, but you mentioned superlight tubes (possibly tires) that if swapped would but the Alta a few pounds lighter. Apples - Apples. I'm sure when you eventually pinch a tube you'll be buying a "standard/heavy" replacement tube. Of course, you could put the WP air forks on the Stark and it would come around 260 flat. Weight is a game of money. How much does someone want to spend to lose it? I think 263 is a good number.

Tom426

Excellent video! Exactly what I was hoping to see as far as phone function is concerned. It’s actually very similar to my Specialized emtn bike. Can’t wait to see the first riding video!

Reeds79

Let me be the first (on this thread) to congratulate you Bryan!, I can't imagine how you feel, all the excitement and time waited... now you can just enjoy it all!.

All the best from the U.K. mate!.

Danny #76.
Where in the UK are you buddy? I’m in Salisbury…hopefully getting mine in July/Aug

Warren

Bryan,
I have that exact same scale and it's always a pain as it sometimes "locks on" to a number before the weights actually stable. I try to quickly lift the front wheel on (while someone steadies the bike) and watch the readout to see if it swings before locking on. If so, try again. Then do the same to the rear. Add the scores. Plus, you get a weight bias % as well. You can always weigh yourself on several scales and get a good average to test THAT scale for accuracy. Unless the numbers are all over the place, it should be good enough to a pound or so.

And I've always told folks the Alta's were around 270 with spring forks. The MXR has the air forks, so the three-pound difference is in the ballpark. The stark is lighter, but you mentioned superlight tubes (possibly tires) that if swapped would but the Alta a few pounds lighter. Apples - Apples. I'm sure when you eventually pinch a tube you'll be buying a "standard/heavy" replacement tube. Of course, you could put the WP air forks on the Stark and it would come around 260 flat. Weight is a game of money. How much does someone want to spend to lose it? I think 263 is a good number.
So its battery pack must weigh 20 to 30 pounds more than a 450 MX engine,ecu , battery? Weight is just a number as far as electric dirtbikes go. As they hide their weight , Probably due to their massive Low end torque. Bryan love your informative videos. Can’t wait to see your on the track experience with your new 😎 bike.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Today was a blast! Bike was incredible and really drew a crowd. Everyone was blown away, said i was ripping even though i was taking it easy. We always look fast on electric haha. Fellow Alta guys understand.

Had a few generous people taking photos. Here are some!
IMG_6734.jpg

IMG_6562.jpg
IMG_6716.jpg
IMG_6375.jpg
IMG_6590.jpg
IMG_6819.jpg

Also here are 2 ride logs. First is a 9 minute full out sprint. Notice the average speed haha. 28% used
20230520_170848.jpg
Second is a log from a comfortable 10 minute moto. 23% used
20230520_134317.jpg

Oded

So according to that you get approximately 20 miles per charge at MX conditions? Does it make sense?

Screenshot_2023-05-21-11-15-17-11_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg