New bike day!!! First customer delivery worldwide!

Tom426

I am a huge believer in the tech but know that this bike (at least in their first model) was targeted for the track where carrying momentum and traction is the key, so that's why on a track with quicker acceleration out of the corners it *might* feel lighter than a 240 pound wet 450 SX-F. I have heard a few times it feels lighter than its own weight but few have truly said it feels lighter than a mx 450. I have to assume that a future lighter less capacity model will be thing that we will want in the woods.

There are many places off the track I want to see how it acts. Super curious in a tech section or on a hill climb in the spot right when you would pull in the clutch but keep the RPM's high. Yes you are RPM high so you can torque right back again and with the Varg you will have instant torque, but I need a momentary pause with no engine breaking. With the Varg, or any electric moto really, letting off the throttle will bring in regen (assuming the rest of the time you are in a map that is running normal regen amounts) which is just not the place I want engine breaking. Probably means enduro/woods will be a very low regen map.
I’m not sure I agree. There over a dozen videos out from last year where professional media folks test rode the VARG. Everyone one of them said it was the best handing bike they ever rode. Most said it felt like a 125 two stroke and all of them said the 450 four strokes they rode at the same time as the VARG felt much heavier.

I’m not really familiar with the second situation you are describing. I do have an electric motion trials bike though and I can’t remember ever being in a situation where I needed a clutch to clear an obstacle. Although, I’m also not a Toni Bou, elite level trials rider either.

Having watched as many videos as I can find, I’m confident at this point the bike is going to be great for my track days (it’s intended purpose) and more than adequate for my play riding/trail riding days

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor

Ethos

You'll be a legend to those kids for all time.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
I was thinking that you are being a terrible influence on those youth. Sure you looked “cool.” But riding without a helmet, smoking, littering used rubber in the street, etc. Just general all around hooliganism. Those kids will definitely grow up to be gangsters, anarchists, and politicians. And nobody needs that kind of negativity in their lives.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I was thinking that you are being a terrible influence on those youth. Sure you looked “cool.” But riding without a helmet, smoking, littering used rubber in the street, etc. Just general all around hooliganism.
Ever since I started practicing riding mountain bike wheelies in my subdivision's culdesac, the family next door with two little boys stopped talking to me.

Those kids will definitely grow up to be gangsters, anarchists, and politicians.
... or even worse, libertarians.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Day 3 on my Stark Varg, and first ride at Perris Raceway with the bike. This one features pro riders including RJ Hampshire, Austin Forkner, Seth Hammaker, and Ivan Tedesco, as well as other discussion and commentary. Enjoy!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I am hoping that by the time I get my bike, Stark will let us play with traction control. I think 70-80 hp with an open-loop power delivery may be more fun than most of us can handle, LOL! :ROFLMAO:

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Dude, loving the content. But maybe you need to just take a day or two and just ride. No cameras, no range expectation, just enjoy it.

And when you get home, give it a bath, set up the camera, and shoot us a vid of just you in the garage, lovingly staring at the bike and rubbing it occasionally with a soft, microfiber towel while making soothing sounds to your baby. We will watch it in the background of our daily lives (just like those yule log videos during the holidays) dreaming of the day we too will get our very own Christmas Varg.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Dude, loving the content. But maybe you need to just take a day or two and just ride. No cameras, no range expectation, just enjoy it.

And when you get home, give it a bath, set up the camera, and shoot us a vid of just you in the garage, lovingly staring at the bike and rubbing it occasionally with a soft, microfiber towel while making soothing sounds to your baby. We will watch it in the background of our daily lives (just like those yule log videos during the holidays) dreaming of the day we too will get our very own Christmas Varg.
man ill tell you what. it sure is a lot of work shooting media during my ride days and takes away a bit from the enjoyment of just riding. but in a sense it makes my content more real i guess. I'm just making videos about what i'm doing on a particular ride day and giving honest feedback.

VINSANITY

I grew up in the same area racing with Steve Matthes. From memory poor guy had one of those assertive sports dads. Nice guy.

Swank171

Anyone else really wanna know who customer 2 is and when he gets his bike? Or am I behind and that’s public knowledge!? Haha.

Swank171

There's a heap of bikes out there now. Not everyone posts all their riding to the internet.
Wasn’t expecting them to post all riding….was more expecting stark to have some sort of press about maybe delivery milestones….not just crickets after “customer 1”.

Anyone know how many have been delivered?

Lots of orders came out of so cal right here. Fox raceway is in my back yard and I’m expecting to see a few and haven’t yet.