Power station? Eco Flow or Anker SOLIX F3800

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
My friend just got his 3800 and when plugged in the L14-30 port the stark power converter just clicks. Did you get yours yet? Does it charge? I'm thinking the wiring is not correct for the stark and will need another adapter.
This is normal, unfortunately. If the Anker unit is plugged into 110V, you cannot get 240V out of it. Unplug it first, then you will get 240V, and then you will be able to charge your Varg/Redshift/etc. with 240V.

It is a shortcoming of this thing, it is sorta described in a very coded language in their FAQ.

Q4: In UPS mode, do the 240V ports work?​

In UPS mode, only the three 120V ports labeled "UPS" are operational; the 240V ports do not function.

fred900

FYI for anyone else that has this problem with the Anker.
We had to make an adapter. For some reason the ground on the Anker was on the bottom, so just made a L14-30 adapter to move ground to the keyed pin and worked no problem.

Chaconne

I have an EcoFlow Delta Pro which I have used to charge the Stark, it is slow since I am not using 240 (you need to strap them to do that and I am on a budget) and I plan to use it mostly for backup. If I run low I can come back to my vehicle for a break and boost it up some. It won't full charge but is good supplemental. I use my bike for trails and enduro not for MX so my needs are not as extreme as a straight MXer. I would have gotten the F3800 for that I think.

The Delta Pro has wheels, is not too heavy, and is pretty good and the Stark charges ok with 120. I considered the F3800 but weight, use case, and cost were factors. A real generator probably would be better (definitely cheaper) but I can't use one of those in my situation so the Delta Pro serves for both riding and home.

Zookoo

WOW! I just bought it! Thank you, Don!!! I also added a 400W portable solar panel for $300. A sweet deal!

I was actually eyeing this package yesterday and called Anker. They are a Chinese company (hard to tell), but they have sales offices and warehouses all over the world.

Anker Solix F3800 Specs:
Main Unit: LxWxH 15.1 x 14.6 x 27.6" - 132 lbs
Extra Batt: LxWxH 15.5 x 14.0 x 10.3" - 72 lbs
Total: 204 lbs.

The total size(volume) is similar to the Maxpeedingrod 6250IE generator.

It is the same weight and only 40% of the size of the quietest benchmark Yamaha EF6300iSDE generator, which weighs 200 lbs dry.

Woo-hoo!!! I will let you guys know how it works. Two full battery charges out of a Stark Varg is a lot of riding for me in one day.
When you say two full battery charges, can you get two full charges out of the anker with the extra battery? or just one?

DonCox

No, I found a semi-quiet (68 db) generator inverter, (Maxpeedingrod 6250IE) that has 240v , 5000w running watts, for just $1000. Also, it only weighs 86 pounds, so I can load it up by myself.
I have been using a MaxSpeedingrod 3500W generator for over a year. I have a home built electric KTM that I charger with 2 chargers at 13 amps each on 2 plugs of this generator. It has been a good unit and pretty quiet. I have looked at the 6250IE as a good choice for the Stark.

MadpdXabbott

NEW EcoFlow DELTA Pro 3 Portable Power Station​

From the reviews I've seen delta pro 3 has AC pass thru. so with 120v input from an RV outlet or any source. you could easily keep 2 bikes ready for Moto's at the Track with FAST 240v charging, for any Skill level rider. I have the Anker SOLIX F3800, its ok. If I was making the choice now I would suggest the Delta PRO 3.

Zookoo

NEW EcoFlow DELTA Pro 3 Portable Power Station​

From the reviews I've seen delta pro 3 has AC pass thru. so with 120v input from an RV outlet or any source. you could easily keep 2 bikes ready for Moto's at the Track with FAST charging, for any Skill level rider. I have the Anker SOLIX F3800, its ok. If I was making the choice now I would suggest the Delta PRO 3.
Does AC pass thru mean that you can use the delta pro to charge bikes, while it is being charged itself?

Zookoo

Yes that's exactly what that means. Please do your own research and confirm AC pass thru, for the Delta pro 3.
I believe that it still puts out 4000w while charging through a 120v ac outlet. Not sure if it will allow the amps that you get from a 240v while doing that though. I think I am going to wait for them to go on sale and get myself one!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
When you say two full battery charges, can you get two full charges out of the anker with the extra battery? or just one?
One fully charged Stark plus one full charge out of Anker = two full charges to use at the track.

I used to bring two fully charged Altas to the track. That was enough riding for me.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I'm unclear on how the other ('pass-thru'?) mode is significantly different from a Y-cable.
You won't blow up your circuit breaker or kill your 2,000W Honda generator if you use the UPS/pass-through mode vs plugging the bike and the power station in both at once.

You might kill a 1,000W generator though. I do not think Anker can limit the charging current. I usually see a ~1,700 Watt draw.

I wish the UPS mode could boost the input power with battery power like Vitron inverter-chargers can. Also, I wish you could draw 240V while charging from 110V. That 110V in the US is a real bummer, we should vote to switch our country to 220V, haha.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
I really like the built-in solar controller that these power stations have. With Anker, you can plug up to 2,400W of solar panels. And you can fast-charge at 240V while still charging the power station with solar. On a sunny day, I have seen 450W from my one 400W Anker solar panel. That is about 2,000 Wh a day on a sunny day, a significant power when camping or spending an entire day at the track.

I paid only $300 for one Anker solar panel when I bought the system. I'd buy one more panel to put two panels on the roof of my moto trailer, but they are ~$800 each if you buy them separately without the complete system. I could always add generic 12 - 48V solar panels though, I would just need to install and configure them intelligently.

Chaconne

I really like the built-in solar controller that these power stations have. With Anker, you can plug up to 2,400W of solar panels. And you can fast-charge at 240V while still charging the power station with solar. On a sunny day, I have seen 450W from my one 400W Anker solar panel. That is about 2,000 Wh a day on a sunny day, a significant power when camping or spending an entire day at the track.

I paid only $300 for one Anker solar panel when I bought the system. I'd buy one more panel to put two panels on the roof of my moto trailer, but they are ~$800 each if you buy them separately without the complete system. I could always add generic 12 - 48V solar panels though, I would just need to install and configure them intelligently.
Wow that $300 was a great deal and that you get up to 450W is incredible. That is really what the price should be for a 400 watt panel really, but our idiot politicians from both sides are taxing the hell out of solar panels through tariffs.

I am really happy with my 400W EcoFlow foldable panel but it was $700, I don't even have it mounted or anything and on good sunny days I regularly get between 320-350W laying it on my sunny porch which is typically good for a 400W panel --your Anker is extraordinary.