The Alta Factory LHRB

Mark911

Yes, gotta have that rear foot pedal just in case! You can use some stiff plastic tubing to simulate the line and do your own routing to determine the length. Both ends need to be professionally crimped to ensure safe operation. The "dual" operation kit isn't totally necessary if you don't mind welding up your stock master. Just need to plug/weld the window, drill and tap the cover for the LHRB banjo fitting, then weld the cover to the MC (I wouldn't trust the threads in this case). The "new" rear brake reservoir is now at the LHRB master (this is the case regardless, another reason the tiny lever/reservoir on the Rekluse kit isn't really proper).

IMG_2699.JPG

WoodsWeapon

Mark that caliper carrier is a modded oem piece feom the 690, from the Alta, or fabbed entirely from scratch?

OneLapper

"You don't *really* need the water pump...."
Forum's Sponsor
Thanks @Mark911 , this is exactly what I was looking for! I have ordered everything I think I need save for the brake line. I'm going to trial fit a piece of DOT 1/4" air line brake hose with AN compression fittings, this will let me reuse the ends and play with getting the correct length with little cost (note: this setup if for fit testing only, not for riding). I ordered a 10mm Brembo MC, I'm still looking for the KTM application that uses the 9mm. Dealers have NO interested in being helpful trying to determine this. I thought I would walk through the showroom looking at the underside of the various bikes’ MC till I found one.

What I want is the Alta/Brembo MC with the Rekluse master cylinder sleeve to retain the rear foot brake. So far I'm in to it for $200 with shipping. Just need to get my bike from the dealer to install and test, then have a company custom make the brake line ($50-75 I estimate) ........

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
The Alta's kit is not overpriced, if you want to remove the rear brake pedal. But it is overpriced if you want to keep it.

Yes, we need that Brembo 9mm master cylinder part number.

I wonder if @Judaslefourbe would be so kind as to look up that Brembo part number for us. Please?

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
OOPS! I also meant to ask for a KTM part number, in case you know it. It should be an 11-digit number similar to 54802030144. A KTM application could work too. The Brembo part number does not come up in Google.

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
The Alta's kit is not overpriced, if you want to remove the rear brake pedal. But it is overpriced if you want to keep it.

I agree, the Alta kit is not overpriced! I want to add to it's functionality by retaining the foot brake, like the Rekluse system. The Magura mastercylinder and Rekluse systems do not have the same quality as the Alta kit, hence my search for the Brembo master cylinder.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Thank you. We are getting to the bottom of it!

Now, wouldn't it be nice if the stock KTM clutch hose was long enough to reach the brake master cylinder!

OneLapper

Forum's Sponsor
No, but I’ll use the SM and 1/4” air line to measure it tonight when I get home. Still dont have the MX back