- Install frame guard tape
- Install handguards
- install handlebar ends
- phone velcro
- zip-ties in the cables
- install rear disc guard
- install side stand
- install chain link
- adjust suspension (and check the need for a revalve after playing with clicks)

Anything else? :)

Cheers mates

View attachment 11469
The Pirelli Scorpion tires are actually much better than I expected and might be worth a run through for many riders --I don't do moto so take it for what it is worth.

I replaced the tubes after about 5 rides as they just couldn't take the kind of riding I do (mostly gnarly slow enduro/trail with rocks, roots, mud) but I am going to run the Scorpions till they are worn. At low pressures the tires have performed pretty well in the gnarl.

Beagle

July update:

Stock in July: 277
Vargs imported in June: 98
June Sales: 89

VINs of available Vargs are still increasing regularly, besides selling in all states, they also have bikes "ready to ship" from US warehouses (27 as of 21st of July) and claim delivery of US bikes made to order in 2 to 3 weeks.

Their 10.4 million euros revenue for July (see this post Stark actually profitable... kinda) accounts for about 750 worldwide sales, here I tracked about 12% of that for the US so obviously missing quite a lot (US sales might be more like 40% of total sales?).

Their US operation seems to be pretty well sorted by now, I'll just keep track of some high VINs.

Highest VIN seen at US dealer: 6859

Picture3.jpg

Beagle

>8000. Absolutely destroying ALTA's numbers... not to mention Zero.
Any idea about Zero Motorcycles global sales? They're selling much more bikes that Alta did, they also have a significant range of road legal models.

All I know is that France is their largest European market with 383 bikes sold in 2023 (total for all models).

For reference, France electric most sold 2 wheelers is BMW CE04 scooter at 2838 sales.

Zero FX is a dual sport with 7.2 kWh battery, 46 hp, 131 kg, standard charge time 10h (though they sell accessory chargers to reduce it to 4 h with 1 additional charger down to 2 h with even more chargers). It's obviously road legal and priced similarly to the Varg.

Enduro Varg should be a much more interesting offer.

Beagle

Intriguing, estimated delays for new orders have substantially increased: 2 months for Europe and 4 months for US and Australia.

A couple of months ago it was about 2 weeks for Europe.

Could be issues at the factory... or they could be building up stock of the incoming new models before launch...

Johnny Depp

Intriguing, estimated delays for new orders have substantially increased: 2 months for Europe and 4 months for US and Australia.

A couple of months ago it was about 2 weeks for Europe.

Could be issues at the factory... or they could be building up stock of the incoming new models before launch...
They must have learned a ton from warranty claims, owners and reviews. Lots of room for improvement, and to think that other manufacturers don’t even have a Gen 1 out yet.

Beagle

Another subtle change, for bikes made to order you now only have 3 suspension choices:
Soft (140-165 lbs), medium (165-200 lbs) and hard (200-225 lbs).

They cut it down from 7 to 3 choices, which honestly makes a lot of sense for logistics.

Think about it, initially they had 3 colors, 7 suspension settings, rear wheel size 18" or 19", rear brake (hand- or foot-operated), power (60 or 80 hp) and side stand.
That was 336 configurations right there!
Discounting power (it's only software) and side stand (easy to add later) it was still 84 basic configurations.
Now that will be 36 basic configurations, easier on the logistics and still an awful lot more than their competition.

By the way, they've only ever had 3 different spring rates on offer (for both front and rear), the rest was just clicker settings so there's no change in parts, for more info about suspensions, head over to this gem of a thread: Varg spring rates ?

blbills

Another subtle change, for bikes made to order you now only have 3 suspension choices:
Soft (140-165 lbs), medium (165-200 lbs) and hard (200-225 lbs).

They cut it down from 7 to 3 choices, which honestly makes a lot of sense for logistics.

Think about it, initially they had 3 colors, 7 suspension settings, rear wheel size 18" or 19", rear brake (hand- or foot-operated), power (60 or 80 hp) and side stand.
That was 336 configurations right there!
Discounting power (it's only software) and side stand (easy to add later) it was still 84 basic configurations.
Now that will be 36 basic configurations, easier on the logistics and still an awful lot more than their competition.

By the way, they've only ever had 3 different spring rates on offer (for both front and rear), the rest was just clicker settings so there's no change in parts, for more info about suspensions, head over to this gem of a thread: Varg spring rates ?
The suspension choices between those settings were just clicker changes. There have always only been 3 different spring rates (all 3 using the same valving settings).

Beagle

Now for new orders foot brake is an extra 200 €, selecting 60 hp is not possible anymore, and 2000 € reduction is finally on Stark website. For bikes in stock or made to order, 80 hp is 12 000 €. Just for Europe for now but I guess they'll stick to identical prices everywhere so should appear soon for US as well.

Just really odd they don't advertise the huge rebate, what is the marketing department doing?

Theo

Now for new orders foot brake is an extra 200 €, selecting 60 hp is not possible anymore, and 2000 € reduction is finally on Stark website. For bikes in stock or made to order, 80 hp is 12 000 €. Just for Europe for now but I guess they'll stick to identical prices everywhere so should appear soon for US as well.

Just really odd they don't advertise the huge rebate, what is the marketing department doing?
I've compared the price to other prices found for Italian sales; I guess that the comparison will be similar worldwide.
The price is now closer to the ones of gas bikes. A 2025 450 Husky is more expensive, a GasGas is about the same price and, considering the price of a 250 Triumph, I expect their upcoming 450 to be about the same price of the Stark. Japanese bikes are still significantly cheaper.
The Varg's running cost should be way lower than the ones of all of them.
I don't feel frustrated at all to have paid more for a 60 HP some months ago; I understand that they are still growing and I really hope they will succeed. I also wouldn't know what to do with 80 HP anyways and as of today I surely don't plan to sell my Varg soon; I hope I'll be able to keep it for years, so I'm not worried to lose money selling it.
I can't find the power upgrade anymore on their site, by the way.

Beagle

When you go to "Stark dealers" on Stark website, you can see their expanding dealer network (365 for now including 120 in the US).

I've just noticed that you can also see detailed Varg inventory from every single dealer, that's pretty cool.