24 Hours of Starvation Ridge in WA -- October 26 & 27, 2019 (new dates)

bluefxstc

After watching the conversation on the Northeast 24 Hour Challenge, thought I would try are revive this thread to see if we can get a 6 person Alta team together for 2019. @Redwolf has expressed an interest and I am in. Don't know the exact date yet but last year it was at the end of October so lots of time to prep body and bike. Here is a link to a video of a lap of the 2018 course. I will be over 60 when the next race starts so I will not be fast, and my primary interest will be not getting hurt, having fun and finishing the race. Do we have 4 more west coast Alta riders interested? @ElectroBraap @magatta @Silent But Dirty @Bionicman @Speedkills @Rix

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Having a veteran of the race would be a tremendous asset to the effort, if we can get enough interest to make a team. At this point I don't have any commitments in October, so looking forward to being part of the team.

MrTaskRacing

Hey there Bluefxstc --- If you want to be the organizer, I will help you guys out as well and give you a special sponsored team code for Starvation Ridge if you can get it organized and in place. Just reach out when you are ready. We have 10 months to plan! Plenty of time!
Cheers,
Mark Slover
Task Racing

bluefxstc

Hey there Bluefxstc --- If you want to be the organizer, I will help you guys out as well and give you a special sponsored team code for Starvation Ridge if you can get it organized and in place. Just reach out when you are ready. We have 10 months to plan! Plenty of time!
Cheers,
Mark Slover
Task Racing
Awesome, thank you very much. Looks like we are at 3 riders with @Bionicman as a potential so getting there. Just need 3, or probably 5 more, because life does happen and a couple may drop out.

bluefxstc

That is 6, awesome. @Silent But Dirty @ElectroBraap @revoltlution @Bionicman @Redwolf and me. Realizing that life will get in the way still looking for a couple of back up riders. I will keep track of when we can register and get back to all of you. We can also hopefully apply the lessons the team riding the Northeast 24 hour challenge learn on what to bring and strategies for the Alta. The entry deadline this year was 9/1 to get a tee shirt and 9/15 for pre entry price so probably look for more serious conversation around 6/1 and finalizing everything around 8/15.

I started a google sheet for the Alta Northeast 24 hour challenge team. You can find that sheet here. After they get most of it filled out I will start one for our team so we know who will bring what. If you have anything to add to the list please feel free to add it so we don't forget.

I think that @MrTaskRacing is right about only 1 lap, at least initially, per rider. We may be able to get 2 laps, but better to start with one and see how much battery power it takes each rider. At 40 minutes a lap, based on the video, that will give us 40 minutes on with 200 minutes off to rest and charge the Alta so definitely doable.

Looking forward to the race and meeting all of you in person. If you have anything to add please bring it up.

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
Years past it has been a”higher” speed track
I expect a significant battery drain per lap (on map 3)
If it’s muddy wheelspin will increase & thus increase charge depletion...

leeo45

Geezer in denial
Look at the big handguards on some of the bikes in that first picture. They were expecting mud and cold. Something to think about as you plan for the race.

And I think I said this in one of the the other 24 hour threads, but I'll repeat it here because sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the urgency of the race... You want to be sure that each rider gets at least one lap in the daylight. With a six man team, 40 minute laps, and limited daylight in late October, it would be a good strategy to start with one lap at a time regardless of bike range. You will be racing in the dark a lot more hours than the teams in New York (July) and Alabama (June).

bluefxstc

Feeling like doing some recon ahead of time? Might not be a bad idea.
They do have play days, but the web site hasn't been updated for 2019. Might be interesting to head over for a couple of days in the spring or early summer. It is about a 5.5 hr drive for me, but could be fun couple of days of riding and playing on the bikes.

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
They do have play days, but the web site hasn't been updated for 2019. Might be interesting to head over for a couple of days in the spring or early summer. It is about a 5.5 hr drive for me, but could be fun couple of days of riding and playing on the bikes.
When they update their website for 2019, we should pick a date to check it out. Get some practice laps in, since I have no racing experience whatever, I can use every advantage I can get.