BAD NEWS

MCP412

I called my dealer today asking about the parts I ordered back on the day the news broke. The order is still sitting in "Pending Approval" status. Not looking good. I'd imagine there is no one in the parts/shipping department at Alta right now.
i can’t even get a call back from my dealer :(

leeo45

Geezer in denial
,,,,,,(clip).....

I tried to register my new bike thru the dealer portal as requested by Alta and it had been taken offline.

........(clip).....
After reading this I was curious and checked the ALTA Owner Portal where I registered my bike. It is still up, allowed me to login, and still has all of the relevant info for me and my bike. :unsure:

evh1

Currently only have 2 white MX front fenders and 1 SM front fender left and one more kickstand kit. I do have a New Rage Cycles FEL kit which would act as a tailight tag assembly I believe if you're talking for an EXR / SM.
I've seen those on some Ducati bikes my buds have, but am not aware of one for a dual sport application. Would you PM me that link or picture for me to peruse? Thx.

evh1

After reading this I was curious and checked the ALTA Owner Portal where I registered my bike. It is still up, allowed me to login, and still has all of the relevant info for me and my bike. :unsure:
Interesting...I wonder if the dealer's network was the culprit. I'll try again on my own.

Boom! Thank you for the prompt; I'm in.

Ultratoad

Have read all of the doom and gloom.... Really, really hope that someone like KTM picked them up.... Even after all of the !@#$%^&* I still have to have one !!!! The PERFECT bike for race and play in my thoughts.... Alta--you are the best--just not appreciated by the masses yet--in time they will figure it out....

griffbl

Boy does this ever suck. I have a $12k not so rare soon to be museum novelty. Oh well, will ride it until it breaks. I think the chance of another motorcycle company buying them is slim, but that is my opinion only. More likely someone operates a very small niche repair service after the dust settles. Should have bought a Zero FX....probably still will. :(

bluefxstc

Boy does this ever suck. I have a $12k not so rare soon to be museum novelty. Oh well, will ride it until it breaks. I think the chance of another motorcycle company buying them is slim, but that is my opinion only. More likely someone operates a very small niche repair service after the dust settles. Should have bought a Zero FX....probably still will. :(
We don't know that. Lets not assume the worst. The electric technology should last for a long time and as things break, people will figure out solutions, even if Alta does go under. Stay positive, and in the mean time, go out and enjoy the Alta on a ride.

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
We don't know that. Lets not assume the worst. The electric technology should last for a long time and as things break, people will figure out solutions, even if Alta does go under. Stay positive, and in the mean time, go out and enjoy the Alta on a ride.
I was going to say the same thing, its only been 10 days. If memory serves me correctly, I think Alta has had different owners a couple of times now. I believe Alta will have another owner, if it doesn't have already.

griffbl

We Don't KNOW that, as you correctly point out. The chance of a major company, however, buying them is uber slim, IMHO. Simply not much proprietary technology there vs. what is available to all. Tesla will have the same problem (inability to sell to another manufacturer) someday (again, IMHO only) as no one needs their production capacity, and their technology is simply not that much different, or better, than is anyone else's. I sure HOPE a buyer emerges. One possibility, is, as the price goes down, as it will for the next buyer IF one materializes, said new buyer can possibly earn a ROI based on a much lower purchase price vs. that paid by the original investors. A non-industry player could be a buyer, or someone else who wants a niche company. I find this scenario more likely. In the mean time, I will do as bluefxstc (and I) suggest: simply ride it! One thing is for sure: I like my Alta well enough to never go back to an ICE bike. A Zero is probably next in my future! Enjoy all! Beautiful day here today in Dallas!

bluefxstc

Go fund me would be just a gift to Alta. Not sure most people here would be willing to give them what they need, I wouldn't. I thought I read somewhere that they have produced about 1300 bikes. If every owner gave $1,000 that would only be $1.3 mil and I am pretty sure they need a lot more than that. Interesting idea though. I would be willing to be part of an investment group/partnership that is part of a buy out/investment in Alta. Basically an Alta Owners venture capital group. That way we could look at the books, have representation in the management/board decision and expect eventually to be repaid. According to an SEC form D filed in May of 2017 they had a offering of $26.1M and sold $12.4M, leaving $13.7M remaining to be sold. I don't know how current this is, but my guess is they need to get $13-15M based on this. That would be about $10K per owner which isn't unreasonable as an investment, but not as a gift. Basically 1 bike for the price of 2, wait, that's not how it is supposed to work. :ricky: