BAD NEWS

Bionicman

E powertrain proponent
I would recommend waiting until clarity on the situation with Alta. If Alta goes under, which I really hope doesn't happen, someone will liquidate the assets. The assets will include parts, partly completed bikes, and completed bikes that hadn't been shipped yet. That is the time to pick up what you need to figure out how these things work. When Azure Dynamics went under it was a huge sale and things went for pennies on the dollar. Hopefully it will never come to that, but that is the time to pick up parts.
Ala Buell....

Rix

Self proclaimed macho man extraordinaire
I think I have a dealer ready to sell me a new '19 MXR for $8900 with the rapid charger. I don't see why I couldn't ride it for a couple years and IF I didn't like it, sell it for not much less. Seems like a no brainer.
That is a steal, a new MXR for 8900 including charger. Yah, buy that quick. Is your dealer located anywhere near Reno NV? I may buy that for that price if I don't have to deal with shipping issues.

belloinsella

That is a steal, a new MXR for 8900 including charger. Yah, buy that quick. Is year dealer located anywhere near Reno NV? I may buy that for that price if I don't have to deal with shipping issues.

Oregon. I will need to have it shipped to CA and then pay sales tax at DMV, so I'm looking at close to $10K all said and done.

Luigic81

I think I have a dealer ready to sell me a new '19 MXR for $8900 with the rapid charger. I don't see why I couldn't ride it for a couple years and IF I didn't like it, sell it for not much less. Seems like a no brainer.

I'm In a similar boat, but if you're like the 2 Gentlemen on here that currently have an error code and can't use their bikes then it doesn't seem like such a good deal. That's why I haven't pulled the trigger yet

Luigic81

Oregon. I will need to have it shipped to CA and then pay sales tax at DMV, so I'm looking at close to $10K all said and done.
I'm in Oregon btw, I know 2 dealers that still have Alta's (Hillsboro motosport and Power Motosports) both are very close to me. Let me know if I can be of help.

houla

Man, this is all pretty upsetting, and I don't even own an Alta. I was looking at Zero's with very little enthusiasm. Then I found these bikes. Leaps and bounds beyond the Zero. I was pretty stoked. The way this is being handled is unprofessional IMHO. Even if they come back and make it, this is going to stick in my craw. I can't imagine how you owners and dealers feel.

datadog

Before you guys become (more) disgruntled, please realize that there are legal issues that limit what can and can't be announced until there is a deal in place. It's not because no one cares about it. Ignoring those legal issues could torpedo the whole process. There are people trying to save the brand right now.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Before you guys become (more) disgruntled, please realize that there are legal issues that limit what can and can't be announced until there is a deal in place. It's not because no one cares about it. Ignoring those legal issues could torpedo the whole process. There are people trying to save the brand right now.

Agreed, and i fully understand. Just letting my anxiousness get the best of me regarding this situation. I want to see things work out!

Luigic81

Yea I think if they were just going under then it would be announced as such. The lack of statement means they are trying to work out deals I'm sure. An investor could easily find a post on a forum like this and use it as a negotiating tactic, so not surprised at the radio silence. I'll just keep hitting refresh so if there is good news then I can run to my local dealer and snatch up a MXR ASAP :)

Reactions: Rix

houla

I get the legal part. It just seems there should be at least one company rep with a reassuring voice. Seems like the early adopters and the dealers are completely hung out to dry. Like I said, I don't even have a horse in this race, but absolutely no communication? Guys are sitting on inventory, and I'm guessing some owners made sacrifices to make the purchase. Doesn't seem fair.
I truly hope something gets worked out. I was impressed by this company/product, and everyone seemed to be pretty damn stoked on their bikes!
Back to lurker status for me:) Good luck guys!

dgedition

I’m worried to even give my EX a rip because I know the bike works right now. If I end up breaking something without any current support i’ll really be pissed about how Alta has completely ghosted their customers while they work out whatever their doing.

I mean at the very least keep a service team up unless they really ran themselves that cash dry which is my only guess because you can continue running while your company is being bought out.

Moto Man

I wish they would at least run a skeleton crew to fulfill parts orders until their current inventory runs out. I would like to get a spare throttle and housing, just in case.

Matt Sanders

I’m worried to even give my EX a rip because I know the bike works right now. If I end up breaking something without any current support i’ll really be pissed about how Alta has completely ghosted their customers while they work out whatever their doing.

I mean at the very least keep a service team up unless they really ran themselves that cash dry which is my only guess because you can continue running while your company is being bought out.
I’ve debated riding it vs selling it and I even went to look at replacement dualsport bikes yesterday. There is no bike on the market that is getting me excited like the Alta did. They all feel like a downgrade (with the exception of range) Every time I trade bikes with a friend, I’m counting the minutes until I can get back on the Alta. The quality of the riding time is THAT much better. (As we all know). This is prime riding season here in Oregon and i may just pick up a used yz250 for dirt cheap and ride it till we know for sure whether we can thrash our Altas again. I’ll re-sell that 250 the second I know Alta is back in business. 🙏.

Scott

They all feel like a downgrade (with the exception of range)
I agree! When I do get the clearance to ride again I am hoping that Alta or some form of it exists in the future. I just love the fact that there is virtually no maintenance. Think of how much time you spend cleaning air filters, changing oil, getting supplies, recycling oil, setting valves, doing top ends, replacing clutch plates, etc. I realize that some of this is offset by generator maintenance, if you use one, but it is not even close to what an ICE dirt bike bike requires. Eventually the other manufactures will figure it out (I hope).