New bike day!!! First customer delivery worldwide!

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Stark must have shipped your bike with helium in the tires. Because the tires weren’t touching the ground in any of the pics! I’m sure it affects traction and cornering, though. And the danger from birds and low flying planes becomes real. Pump a little nitrogen in there and it should improve handling.

Butch

Poseur
Stark must have shipped your bike with helium in the tires. Because the tires weren’t touching the ground in any of the pics! I’m sure it affects traction and cornering, though. And the danger from birds and low flying planes becomes real. Pump a little nitrogen in there and it should improve handling.
In the MX pics Bryan can’t seem to keep both wheels on the ground. Amateur!

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
I told them I've been wanting to pursue my private pilot license, and they said "dont worry, we got you".

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Did a solid 30 min moto yesterday at Cahuilla Creek and used 75% of the battery. Heres a pic of the stats from that ride. Note: the app is incorrectly showing metric numbers with SI units and not converting to SI properly. The distance and speed displayed here are actually in metric.

20230521_133942.jpg

Bike was great and met some good people and had good conversations 👍
20230521_094611.jpg
20230521_103939(0).jpg
20230521_100618.jpg

snydes

Staff member
Did a solid 30 min moto yesterday at Cahuilla Creek and used 75% of the battery. Heres a pic of the stats from that ride. Note: the app is incorrectly showing metric numbers with SI units and not converting to SI properly. The distance and speed displayed here are actually in metric.

Since you are a regular there, can you compare the performance of the battery from that ride to how your Alta may have performed? Would you likely have had thermal limitations on the Alta pushing it like that?

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator

View attachment 9951

Bike was great and met some good people and had good conversations 👍

I was thinking that 43mph was really flying! So, you're saying that it's really 26km at an average speed of 43.6 kph, right? That would be 16 miles at an average speed of 27mph. Good, but not as cool.

Now let's just hope that the time and percentage weren't also in metric. You may have actually used about 75 centiparts of your battery over about 35 hectoseconds. If I recall correctly, that converts to like 7/9's of a buffalo over 2.5 beer minutes. At least, I think that's how it converts to American units.

TCMB371

The Silent Assassin
Forum's Sponsor
Since you are a regular there, can you compare the performance of the battery from that ride to how your Alta may have performed? Would you likely have had thermal limitations on the Alta pushing it like that?
Absolutely. I've been keeping a finger on the thermal department by making it a point to place my hand on various components of the bike to see how warm/hot they feel. Wish i had an IR thermal camera or something to accurately assess.

After my 30 minute moto, the Varg battery, motor, and inverter were only warm to the touch, and this was in ~80*F ambient temperature. I could place my whole hand on the Varg pack and leave it there and it felt like a luke warm coffee mug, as well as the motor and inverter. I'm trying to see if i can get a hold of the temperature graphs for my rides.

My Alta MXR on the other hand, after a 15-18 minute moto, the battery pack, motor, and frame was HOT to the touch. The battery, motor, and frame was so warm that i couldn't leave my hand on it for more than a couple seconds.

So far, the Varg seems to be running much cooler than my Alta.

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Hahaha! "Easy loading! Just use a little throttle!" <-- This is a very nice touch for those who never loaded an electric bike before.

I am glad the suspension felt great right from the box. Did you specify the 85-90kg or the 90-95kg rider weight when ordering?

rayivers

Truly amazing - I kept thinking 'this almost seems unfair', & don't recall even one of the many you smoked giving chase. :) You are one smooth, efficient, and super-fast rider, with a real knack for quickly 'finding the hole' and then shooting through it.

Tom426

Second ride on my Stark Varg! This time i did a long moto to test battery range. In this video youll see how the Varg behaves over the entire battery range, including into power loss. I also talk about battery, motor, and inverter thermals. Enjoy!

Awesome! Keep the videos coming. This is a massive help for those of us waiting on a VARG. I know from watching your videos you are primarily a moto guy but do you ever do any trail/play riding? It would be awesome for those of us that plan on doing some trail riding to get a feel for battery longevity and how it handles in the woods. Thanks!

Tom426

What size generator are you using? My brother in law and I both have bikes on order. I’d like to be able to get a generator where we can charge both bikes at the same time. Any suggestions?

Redbull

...us that plan on doing some trail riding to get a feel for battery longevity and how it handles in the woods.
I am a huge believer in the tech but know that this bike (at least in their first model) was targeted for the track where carrying momentum and traction is the key, so that's why on a track with quicker acceleration out of the corners it *might* feel lighter than a 240 pound wet 450 SX-F. I have heard a few times it feels lighter than its own weight but few have truly said it feels lighter than a mx 450. I have to assume that a future lighter less capacity model will be thing that we will want in the woods.

There are many places off the track I want to see how it acts. Super curious in a tech section or on a hill climb in the spot right when you would pull in the clutch but keep the RPM's high. Yes you are RPM high so you can torque right back again and with the Varg you will have instant torque, but I need a momentary pause with no engine breaking. With the Varg, or any electric moto really, letting off the throttle will bring in regen (assuming the rest of the time you are in a map that is running normal regen amounts) which is just not the place I want engine breaking. Probably means enduro/woods will be a very low regen map.