Newbie need advice on a generator

SHSMITH76

Sorry for being so Naïve, but I missed the Alta wave and have ordered a Varg. It will be my first electric bike and was wondering what brand, type of generator to purchase. I want something quiet, fairly light as I will be taking it in and out of the van, but something with more than enough charging power to top off while I am resting at the track. Thanks in advance for any info!!!

Redwolf

My dog thinks I'm cool
Any closed frame inverter generator that produces 240v will check all the boxes you want. Depending on your budget I could give you a few suggestions for specific models.

Jayfox911

I have the Briggs linked above. And a little Honda eu2000.

If you don’t ride much a Honda 2000/2200 will be fine. It charges 1/4 battery in about 1-1.5 hours. Which was enough when we went to places where we didn’t ride too much and long breaks between rides.

The 220v generators will do 1/4 battery in about 20 minutes. So for short breaks a 220v is mandatory.

synics

I have the Briggs linked above. And a little Honda eu2000.

If you don’t ride much a Honda 2000/2200 will be fine. It charges 1/4 battery in about 1-1.5 hours. Which was enough when we went to places where we didn’t ride too much and long breaks between rides.

The 220v generators will do 1/4 battery in about 20 minutes. So for short breaks a 220v is mandatory.
That's about right, an hour on 240v gets me about 3/4 charge. It's the longest hour of my life. haha

Flynryan

When I bought my Alta it came with both the slow and fast charger. I used a Yamaha 3000 invertor with the slow charger until getting a Honda EG4000 for the fast charger, which I thought would make it possible to get a full day of riding while charging in between sessions. Not the case.. the battery never gets a chance to cool down and it still takes a while for the fast charger.

Now I'm back to the yamaha 3000 / slow charger AND a 450 which I mix back and forth. I find the 450 is easier to get the feel of the track and “guinea pig” the bigger jumps. Plus the slow charger seems to be easier on the battery.

Good luck! It takes some time to figure out the ideal setup with your riding ability.