Upgrade C4S to AER's - Possible?

Sam Evans

Hello,

I have a 2017 MX. Liquid performance is selling AER forks for $900. I'm wondering if these will swap over without any problems?

- Triple clamps?
- Wheel spacers?
- Caliper mount?

Thank you!

Sam

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Hello,

I have a 2017 MX. Liquid performance is selling AER forks for $900. I'm wondering if these will swap over without any problems?

- Triple clamps?
- Wheel spacers?
- Caliper mount?

Thank you!

Sam
The only thing you need if your going to go from 4CS forks to AER forks is:

Wheel Axle
Wheel spacers

Rashid510

Forum's Sponsor
Yes. If Liquid doesn't have them, then you can buy KTM/Husky/GasGas axle, spacers, and also triple clamps.

Liquid has the axle and axle nut. Spacers are going to be hard to find which are Alta specific. The specs for the spacers are on the forum. (especially because Warp 9 has been dealing with people buying ALTA specfic parts and making assumptions). They will not have any stock.

C5tor

Chief Comedic Instigator
Here is another thread on this.

Sam Evans

Old Schools.jpg

Forks from a 2004 KTM 125SX just bolt right on! Couldn't believe it. Better for moto than C4S, just a fun experiment.

Now seriously - AER conversion is too expensive; I got my prices mixed up.

Stillwell Performance offers a crazy cheap $250 revalve, but that could leave the shock out of balance.

Bottom line - where is one place I can send forks and shock to with solid experience and good reviews on Alta's? Don't care if I have to spend up to a grand; just want the bike to be the best it can be without protracted work on my side. Prefer revalving to swapping internals and all that. Thank you!