Post Your ***STOCK*** Stark Varg Suspension Clicker Settings!

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
Post Your ***STOCK*** Stark Varg Suspension Clicker Settings in this thread!

I got my Stark over a month ago. The dealer or the factory had a few clickers slightly off, and I so wasted a few practices figuring stuff out. Eventually, I set the clickers to stock, but I still hated the Stark. I missed the confidence and predictability that I had on my Alta. I was at a point when I was regretting not bringing the Alta to the track too. Riding the Stark was not fun.

I recently expressed hope that since the stock Stark suspension has plenty of clicker adjusters (4 in the rear!) with more time and trial and error the suspension can be made rideable. I was right!!

Last week, @DonCox and I went to Glen Helen. There, @Bob Casper and his son Casey, who is a pro and a magazine test rider, watched me ride the Vet track, then checked and set my suspension ride heights and clickers.

OMG! My stock Stark with its originally wooden suspension that had no feel/give/traction turned into a tame, soft, easy-to-ride, vet-friendly, and fun toy.

RiderWeightSkill LevelPrimary Riding
Philip195 w/o gear, 225 with gearIntermediateMotocross
FRONT SuspensionFactory Default for 90/95 kgPhilip's Settings (by Casey Casper)Delta from Factory
Top Clickers - Comp Low1017/18+7.5
Bottom Clickers - Reb Low1214/14+2
Fork legs above the triple clamp2.5mm5mm+2.5mm
Front tirePirelliBridgestone X31 @12psi
REAR Suspension
Silver - Comp Low1216+4
Blue - Comp High1412-2
Red - Reb Low1010
Bottom - Reb High1515
Rear Sag105105
Rear tirePirelliBridgestone X30 @11psi

A HUGE improvement over stock.
Great front and rear traction. I can run tighter off-camber lines around the track.
Predictable understeer in corners. Easy to follow berms. Easy to turn tighter with brakes.
Leaning the bike into the turn immediately sends the rear tire into a slow slide and makes the bike turn.
Softening the front compression by 1 click makes the bike turn easier. Stiffening by 1 click adds high-speed stability.
The front still sits a bit high. The handlebar still feels too far back and has a wrong bend.
The bike feels very soft and too nice. I might need stiffer springs, LOL!

Here are the factory suspension settings for your reference:

Philip

Administrator
Staff member
It's worth saying, the clicks are counted as the "number of full clicks out".
Screw the clicker adjuster all the way in without forcing it.
Then back out until you hear a click.
Do not count this click, this is your "click zero".
I count only FULL CLICKS from there on.